2020 Return to Play
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PARENTS
Last Updated November 5, 2020, 11:30 PM MST
Welcome back to Little League Baseball! As we gear up for fun, modified “no-frills” NWLL season, here is some important information to help everyone stay safe at the diamond.
NWLL will abide by all Public Health requirements and recommendations and those provided by Little League Alberta. Our complete Safety Plan is at the bottom of this page.
Screening and Tracking:
- Anyone attending or participating in NWLL practices and games must complete the COVID-19 symptom screening before coming to the field using the online self-assessment tool. If you answer Yes to any question, or if anyone has any symptoms of concern, please stay home.
- All people who are attending or participating should be listed in your TeamSnap availability note. Also, team managers or designate may ask you to sign-in and ensure your contact info is known should tracing be required. This information will only be used for tracing, kept for 2 weeks then destroyed confidentially.
- We encourage you to download and use the ABTraceTogether app.
- All people present will be encouraged to maintain a physical distancing of 2m at all times. Bleachers will be closed. Spectators should bring their own chairs. Player gear will be stored along the outside of the fence as the dugout space is limited.
- Hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette will be emphasized regularly throughout the event and on signage in the fields. Each team must designate a Safety Spotter who will identify potential issues to coaches and provide support when needed for enforcing safety protocols.
- Players are encouraged not to touch their faces or put any part of their hands in their mouths. Pitchers are not allowed to put their fingers into their mouths.
- Spitting and handshakes will not be permitted, nor will consumption of sunflower seeds, unshelled peanuts, or gum at the diamond.
- Masks are recommended when physical distancing is difficult to maintain. For children, buff style masks (that can be worn around the neck) may be used.
- Players should arrive dressed and ready to play and bring their own labelled water bottle. Shared food/beverages are PROHIBITED.
- Where possible, players should use only their own equipment (glove, helmet and bat). Uniforms and equipment should be cleaned before each session.
- If a participant requires first aid, a family member will attend to the injured. If not possible, the first aider should use appropriate Personal Protective Equipment, including a medical mask and gloves.
- Only guardians and/or families of a participant can spectate in a designated area and need to bring and use their own seating (lawn chairs). No public spectators are allowed.
- Ridesharing (car-pooling) is not recommended. Players should travel only with an immediate family member. If necessary, a pod of two families can be created (only includes immediate family members of two nearby families) to help get each other’s children to the game/practice. Still, group car-pooling is not recommended or endorsed in any way.
- NWLL Zero Tolerance policy is in place and must be abided by all volunteers, players and spectators. You will be asked to leave if you do not adhere to safety protocols.
Cleaning and Sanitization:
- All shared equipment (e.g., catcher gear and bats) must be cleaned and sanitized before using another player. Baseballs will be frequently cleaned and sanitized and then rotated back into practice or gameplay.
- Each team will have 1-2 volunteers responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment throughout practices and games. NWLL will provide all supplies.
- Participants must wear clean clothing/uniforms for each event. Uniforms must be cleaned after each event and before the next one.
- It is strongly recommended that participants shower after each event at the earliest opportunity possible.
- A responsible person on each team will have a key to the porta-potties and will be responsible for limiting access to emergency use only.
- Any porta-potties available at the diamonds will be maintained in a clean and sanitary condition and remain locked. Cleaning and disinfection will occur at the start of any event.