We are currently seeking volunteers for our upcoming casino fundraiser. No previous experience working in a casino is necessary. Training and support will be provided by an experienced, licensed casino advisor in both the cage and the count room who will train you, support your work, and make the experience one that you will want to repeat!
When: Thursday, January 23 and Friday, January 24, 2020
Where: Cash Casino ( 4040 Blackfoot Trail SE, Calgary, AB T2G 4E6 )
- Shift one: 11:00 AM – 7:30 PM
- Shift two: 7:00 PM – 3:30 AM
- Countroom: 11:00 PM - 4:00 AM
Please sign up for a shift here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60B084CABAA28A2FC1-nwll1
Registration credits and volunteer points will be awarded per completed shift:
- Cash Cage/Chiprunners will receive a $100 towards 2020 NWLL registration fees & 125 volunteer points
- Count Room 4 hour shifts will receive $50 towards 2020 NWLL registration fees & 75 volunteer points
- There will also be a meal up to a value of $25 per volunteer per shift available at the casino
Volunteer Position Descriptions and Responsibilities
Please note that all volunteer casino positions are straight forward and not difficult. You will receive training and assistance from the Cash Cage/Count Room Advisor and Casino staff.
- Controls Cashier’s cage floats of chips and cash.
- Assisted by Cash Cage Advisor.
- Busy only during opening, volunteer shift changes and closing of the casino.
- Keeps track of all cash/ chip transfers on Casino Tracie.
- Mathematical skills helpful.
- Cashes in chips for players and makes the change.
- The cashier has an own float – does not share cash/chip float with anybody.
- This position is quite challenging and requires concentration and accuracy.
- This position not recommended for color blind volunteers.
- Good manual dexterity is helpful.
- Courier (runner) for chip orders (requests) from casino games.
- Volunteer must be prepared to move around.
- The position is usually busy at opening and closing of the casino.
- Volunteer must be able to carry up to five pounds (2 kilograms) of chips.
COUNT ROOM SUPERVISOR
- Works with Count room Advisor in recording cash counts and game wins and losses.
- Administrative skills useful, good math (number) skills are very helpful.
- Not required to handle cash.
COUNT ROOM STAFF
- Sorts amalgamate, counts and verify all cash from table game drop boxes.
- Cash handling skills are an asset.
- Volunteers should be good working with their hands.
Following are important rules for a volunteer:
- It is very important to arrive on time for your shift.
- If cancellation is necessary, notify your General Manager as soon as possible.
- The casino is non-smoking.
- The dress is casual, but please no torn or immodest apparel.
- Free parking stalls are available on site. No reserved area for volunteers – first come, first park! Plenty of parking space.
Volunteers CANNOT play the casino games or slot machines before, during or after their shifts, nor consume alcohol or cannabis while working.